You Will Need 😀 😀
For the cake:
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for the pan
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
6 large eggs
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup stout beer (such as Guinness)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the meringue:
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ready , All Set , Go 😀
Make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Put the bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water). Stir until the chocolate melts, then remove the bowl from the pan.
- Put the eggs, turbinado sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Set the bowl over the same pan of simmering water and whisk until the mixture is warm, about 2 minutes. Transfer the bowl to the stand mixer; beat with the whisk attachment on medium speed until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the beer and vanilla to a low boil in a saucepan. Reduce the mixer speed to low; beat in the beer mixture, then the melted chocolate, until combined, about 2 minutes. Gradually beat in the butter until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, about 35 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 1 hour, then run a knife around the edge of the pan and remove the ring. Let cool completely.
Make the meringue:
- Microwave the chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring, until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar, salt and 1/3 cup water in a heatproof bowl. Put the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; beat with a handheld mixer on low speed, then gradually increase the speed to high and beat until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Remove the bowl from the pan; continue beating until the meringue is cool and fluffy. Fold in the vanilla, then fold in the melted chocolate until swirled. Spread the meringue on the cake.
Recipe Courtesy : Food Network Magazine