Spinach cheese (Palak paneer) is one of the most loved Indian Cuisine .We bring to you an ultimate mashup in form of Spinach Cheese Discs which will not only be happily accepted by kids but also bring along gift of health.Check out the easy to follow recipe by HungryBoo and enjoy 😀
Here’s how to make it:
1 1/2 Cup Spinach, Blanched
1 Cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup Plain flour
1 Cup Cottage cheese
1/4 Cup Onions, Chopped
2 Green Chilies, Chopped
2 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Paprika
1 Tsp. Roasted cumin powder
1 Tsp. Dry Mango Powder
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Blanch Spinach: Wash spinach in cold water.Boil 3 cups of water, add spinach leaves and keep it for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, drain water from spinach.
- Grind the blanched Spinach in a grinder to make the fine puree.
- Combine Whole wheat flour, plain flour, 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. paprika in a processor, add the spinach puree to the mix and covert to a dough.Transfer the dough to a bowl and let is rest for 15-20 min.
- Grate cottage cheese in a bowl. Add onion, chilies, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp paprika, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder and black pepper to grated cheese. Mix well to uniform mix.
- Make small balls from spinach dough and roll it to thin round sheet of 2-3mm with the help of rolling pin.
Note: Ensure size of all rolled sheet is same. We rolled the dough freely and used the rim of bowl to cut the exact same rounds from it.
- Top up one round sheet of dough with cheese filling and again cover it up with the other sheet. Press the edges .
- Roast on a flat pan. Apply some butter and flip. Repeat the same for other side too.
- Serve with curd and enjoy.
Note: we added some mint powder to the curd.