‘These little nuggets are easy to make and taste delicious! What makes them even better is that they are packed with vitamins and minerals! Perfect for kids and adults! ‘ Quoted CleanEats
Here’s How You Make It Via CleanEats
Recipe in Words
- 1 large sweet potato (about 20 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (more if needed)
Instructions to Bliss
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Pierce the sweet potato in several places with a fork. Place it on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until it’s softened and just beginning to caramelize, 45-60 minutes. Cool potato completely.
- Discard the skin and transfer the insides of the potato to a small bowl. Mash and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- After the refrigeration period, preheat the oven again to 400ºF.
- Remove sweet potato from refrigerator. Stir in the cinnamon and maple syrup. Add salt to taste, if desired. Fold in the egg.
- Pour the panko onto a small plate. Form nugget shapes with the sweet potato mixture (it will be wet, but don’t worry, it will hold together!), coat the nuggets with panko, and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. If the nuggets are a little messy looking, you can press them into nice shapes on the baking sheet. Spray each side of the nuggets with an oil mister — this is optional, but it helps the exterior get crispy and brown.
- Bake the nuggets for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time, until they’re golden brown and warmed through.