If you are planning for a picnic or a small party and looking for quick make, handy and tasty recipe. This one is for you.
This peppery pizza loaves recipe via TasteofHome will serve 10 foodies.
Let’s Get Cooking
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 loaves (8 ounces each) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced jalapenos, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Instructions to Heaven Ride
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic powder and salt.
- Place each bread half on a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Spread with cheese sauce. Top with beef mixture, mushrooms, onions and jalapenos. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Wrap and freeze. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To bake: Unwrap loaves and thaw on baking sheets in the refrigerator. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Peppery Pizza Loaves in Quick Cooking