Chocolate Lovers, Try this Tim Tam Bars Via TasteMade
Here’s How You Can Make It:
Recipe in Words
For Tim Tam Crust
- 400g Tim Tam cookies (finely crushed)
- 100g unsalted butter (melted)
- 415ml heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 100g bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
Instructions to Heaven Ride
- To make Tim-Tam crust simply add Tim-Tam cookies to a food processor and process until finely crushed. You may need to do this in 2-4 lots as the cookies will process much easier and quicker in smaller batches. Add the butter and mix until well combined.
- Lightly grease a long 35cmx12.5cm tart tin or a round 20cm cheesecake pan. Add the biscuit mixture to it and use the palm of your hand or the back of a large spoon to press the mixture down firmly making sure the bottom and sides of the tin have an even amount of biscuit crumbs. Refrigerate for 30 min.
- While that’s chilling add the cream to a large mixing bowl and whip together until cream thickens to stiff peaks. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in the fridge.
- Put 4 egg yolks into the clean bowl of the mixer fitted with the clean whisk attachment; beat on high speed until pale and frothy, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons corn syrup, and 2 tablespoons water to a rolling boil in a small, heavy saucepan over high heat. Cook until clear, large bubbles form, about 1 minute. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low. Carefully pour hot syrup down side of bowl. Raise speed to medium-high. Mix until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in bittersweet chocolate, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt with a rubber spatula.
- Add one-third of bittersweet-chocolate mixture to whipped cream; whisk to combine. Add remaining bittersweet-chocolate mixture, whisking until completely combined. Press through a large-mesh sieve into a large bowl; discard any solids.
- Pour the mixture into the tim tam crust shell and let it set overnight. Finish off with some chopped Tim-Tams on top.
Share your feelings