They say ‘god makes all the pairs in the universe’ . Jalapeños and cornbread is one of such pair, made in heaven. Both magnifies the taste of the each other. Yes, this recipe via TipHero, originally published inOh, Bite It! is so good , that it will get you applauds for sure.
Here’s how you make it:
Recipe in Words
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
– 12 large fresh jalapeños
– 1 – 15-ounce box Honey Cornbread mix
– Water, according to package instructions
– 1-½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
– 1 cup fresh corn
Instruction to taste ride
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Spray a sheet pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Cut each jalapeño in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and the pith. Place the cleaned peppers on the prepared baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornbread mix with the recommended amount of water per the box instructions, 1 cup of the cheddar and the corn.
- Fill each half pepper with the cornbread mix. Top with the remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cornbread is firm and cooked-through, and the cheese has started to brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- The amount of jalapeños needed may vary depending on the size of the peppers you are able to find. This recipe calls for large jalapeños, so more will be needed if smaller peppers are all you can find!