Make your KFC’s famous chicken popcorn at your own home now. This recipe via TasteMade will make you forget your favorite KFC outlets. TasteMade taught us ‘How to make a healthier version of Popcorn Chicken! ‘
Read Recipe in words
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into very small bite-size pieces 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- optional: BBQ Sauce for dipping
Instructions to TasteRide
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the almond meal, garlic powder, paprika, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, ground mustard, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
- Dice the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces.
- Starting with the egg mixture, dip the chicken pieces until fully coated. Then, give them a little shake to let any extra egg drip off.
- Transfer to the seasoned almond coating and gently toss until the chicken pieces are completely covered.
- Remove and transfer the chicken pieces to the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken, allowing some space in between for even baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle and the tasty almond coating is golden.
For more updates, follow us on Facebook