Here’s How To Make It Via ProperTasty/BuzzFeed:
French Toast Bake
Posted by Proper Tasty on Friday, 22 July 2016
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 60 millilitres double cream
- 250 millilitres milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
200 grams sourdough bread (or whatever you feel like!)
For the crumble topping:
- 75 grams plain flour
- 75 grams brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 75 grams cold butter, cut into chunks
- 75 grams blueberries
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Instructions To Taste Ride
1. Whisk together the eggs, caster sugar, double cream, milk, and vanilla extract.
2. Chop the bread into bite-sized chunks, put into a casserole dish, and pour over the egg mixture.
3. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
4. Work together all of the ‘crumble topping’ ingredients with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, but don’t overdo it. This can also be refrigerated overnight.
5. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the now soaked up bread, then sprinkle over some blueberries and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
6. Sieve some icing sugar on top of each portion and enjoy!