Try this evening , this extra delicious recipe via BuzzFeed .
‘Get Your Eyes Focused On This Incredibly Delicious Deep-Fried Blooming Onion’ quoted BuzzFeed.
Here’s How You Make it:
Recipe in Words:
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3-4 cups canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 ½ Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
Instructions to Taste Ride
- Cut the top of an onion and place it cut-side down.
- Using a sharp knife make 4 ½-inch cuts then go back and make 3 cuts in between each quarter.
- Flip the onion over and coax apart its layers or “petals”. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and the milk.Place the onion in it, coating every petal with egg wash.
- In large bowl combine flour, paprika, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Place the onion in the dry mixture coating every petal.
- Coat the onion in the egg wash and dry mixture one more time.
- Heat canola oil to 375ºF/190ºC in a deep-fryer or dutch oven.
- Place onion in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- With tongs add the onion to the oil for 2 minutes or until it is browned and crispy.
- Move onion to plate covered in paper towels and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, salt, pepper, paprika, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
Originally Published in BuzzFeed