If you are one of those Chocolate Lovers, then this Recipe Via Kristen Johnson on Taste of Home is one for you as its full of chocolate with crunch.
These four layers of pleasure might take you to heaven ride.
Lets get Cooking
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Chocolate syrup
Instructions to Heaven Ride
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Press onto bottom of an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth; fold in one carton whipped topping. Spread over crust. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and remaining walnuts. Refrigerate until cold.
- Cut into bars. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Yield: 15 servings.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015