Learn how to make chocolate macarons, the cutest chocolate snack ever, where you will fill the sweetest chocolate ganache inside the baked chocolate meringue.
Here’s How to Make it :
1 cup, powdered sugar
1/2 cup, powdered almonds
3 tbsp, unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large egg whites
Pinch of salt
5 tbsp, granulated sugar
1/2 cup, heavy cream
4 ounces, bitter sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 tbsp, unsalted butter
1 tsp instant coffee, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Sift together the mixture of powdered sugar, powdered almonds and cocoa into a large bowl and discard the larger lumps.
- Using a mixer/grinder beat the egg whites until soft peaks. Add pinch of salt and granulated sugar to it . Whip until very stiff and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Fold the dry ingredients (mixture of sugar, almond powder and cocoa) , in two batches, into the beaten egg whites with a silicone spatula.
- Fold untill the mixture is smooth and there are no streaks of egg white. Transfer the batter into the pastry bag. (standing the bag in a tall glass helps if you’re alone).
- Pipe the batter on the parchment-lined baking tray in 1-inch (2.5 cm) circles evenly spaced one-inch (2.5cm) apart.
- Tap the baking tray a few times firmly on the counter top to flatten the crunches, and remove air bubbles.
- Allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes until a “skin surface” forms and they are no longer wet when lightly touched.
- Bake them for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely then remove from baking sheet.
To make the chocolate filling:
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream and instant coffee if used.
- When the cream just begins to boil at the edges, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Let sit one minute, then stir until smooth. Stir in the butter. Let cool completely before using.
- Spread a bit of chocolate batter on the inside of the crunches then sandwich them together.
- Let them stand at least one day before serving, to meld the flavors. Serve at room temperature.