‘Cheeseburger Onion Rings Exist And They Are Almost Too Glorious. Forget everything you once held dear. These gorgeous onion rings are all that matter now.’ Quoted BuzzFeed
Here’s How to Make One:
Indian’s, We care about you. So, you can use Mashed Potato in place of Beef.
Recipe in Words
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ lb cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Ketchup, for deliciousness
Instructions to TasteRide
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350℉
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1-centimeter rings, and detach the rings from each other.
- Take a spoonful of the beef mixture and press it into the bottom of a ring
- Push a cheddar square into the center of the beef.
- Seal the top with another spoonful of the beef, pressing it flat.
- Repeat with the rest of the rings.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back to the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden-brown.
- Drain on a paper towel, then serve with ketchup!