Here’s How We Make It Via SuperHealthyKids
Recipe in Words
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided in half
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
Instructions to Taste Ride
- Wash and clean the cauliflower and cut it into chunks. Make sure you remove the core.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse it until itâ€™s a â€œriceâ€ consistency
- In a large saucepan, heat one inch of water until it boils. Add in the cauliflower, cover with a lid, and allow it to steam for 4-5 minutes. Watch it close so that it doesn’t boil over!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to drain the cauliflower. Allow it to cool for a few minutes, then place the cauliflower in a clean dish towel and squeeze as hard as you can to remove any excess water.
- Once the cauliflower rice is drained really well, place it into a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 egg slightly beaten, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, and 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt. Stir the mixture well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it lightly with cooking spray. Spoon the cauliflower mixture onto the pan and use your hands to form it into a 8 1/2 x 11 inch rectangle.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or even longer until the crust is golden brown and firm.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top the crust with remaining mozzarella andÂ ParmesanÂ cheeses.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into bread sticks and serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping. Â Makes about 10 breadsticks. Â This recipe could easily be doubled.
Share your feelings