Here’s How TasteMade UK Make It :
Apricot and Sage Sausage RollsApricot and sage sausage rolls.
Full recipe in the comments below!
Posted by Tastemade UK on Sunday, 31 July 2016
- 400g Sausage Meat
- 1 Small Shallot, very finely chopped
- 75g Dried Apricots, very finely chopped
- Handful of Sage leaves, very finely chopped
- 320g roll of ready made Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flour for dusting
- Nigella seeds for sprinkling
Instructions to Taste Ride
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix your sausage meat, shallot, apricots and sage
- Lightly dust a surface with a little flour, and lay your pastry out flat. Cut in half lengthways to create two long pieces of pastry. In the centre of each, place your sausage mixture in a long line down the middle, pressing it so that it’s smooth and compact.
- Brush some eggwash along one side of the pastry, and fold the other side over the sausage, and press to seal, using a fork. Repeat on other, then cut each long roll into seven pieces, and place these onto your lined baking sheet
- Brush each individual sausage roll with eggwash, then sprinkle with nigella seeds (or any other seed you have available) then put them in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed up.
Share your feelings