If you are another apple freak and one of those who love to spend time in Chinese cuisines for dinner, why don’t fuse them both into Quick and easy make apple wonton that will satisfy your apple pie craving..!!
Wontons Serving nutrients of fruits.
- 1 2/3 cup small diced apple (honeycrisp or fuji)
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger juice
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 2 Tbs butter
- Powder sugar
LET’S GET COOKING…
- Combine apple, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon and apple juice in a mixing bowl.
- Brush a small amount of water on a wonton wrapper. Place about 1 Tbs. apple filling. Pull the covers of the wrappers into the center and press together. Press the rest of the open sides to seal as well. Repeat until you are done with the filling and wonton wrappers.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and let it melt. Place apple wontons 1/2-inch apart on the skillet. Pour 1/4 cup of cold water and cover. Cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until you hear the sizzling sound. Remove the lid and let it keep cooking until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to a serving place and sprinkle powder sugar. Enjoy!
H/T : TasteMade
QUICK RECIPE FOR WONTON WRAPS:
1. In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the water.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Create a well in the center of the mixture and slowly pour in the 3. egg and water. Mix well. If the mixture is too dry, increase the amount of water one teaspoon at a time until a pliable dough has formed.
5. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until elastic. Cut dough into two separate balls. Cover the balls with a damp cloth for a minimum of 10 minutes.
6. Cut each ball into four equal pieces. Roll the pieces into 10 1/2 by 10 1/2 inch squares. Cut each into nine 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch squares. Use in any recipe that calls for wonton wrappers.