Pasta, a part of traditional Italian cuisine, is a comfort food at its best. Serve it at morning, night or at eve, it will always prove as a bless to your taste buds and your stomach.
HungryBoo brings you this easy and extremely delicious pasta recipe that blends the variety of flavors in the form of red and white sauces to one.
Here’s How to Make it
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup milk
A pinch of Salt
A pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp butter
4 small tomatoes, boiled
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1 cup of bell pepper (all three colors mixed), chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp chili flakes
Salt to taste
200 gm penne pasta, Boiled
1. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan on medium heat. Add plain flour to it and cook for a few seconds.Keep stirring.
2. Once it changes the color slightly, add the milk to it. Keep whisking and bring it to a boil. Cook for 6-8 min. until it’s thick.
3. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to it and whisk again. Once the sauce is thick, get it off the flame and keep it aside.
Red sauce and Pasta
1. Heat 1 tbsp butter in another pan on medium heat.Add chopped onion to it and let it cook for a minute.
2. Add garlic paste and chopped bell peppers to it. Let it cook for another 2-3 min. While cooking, add salt, Italian seasoning and chili flakes to it and stir well.
3. Add tomato pulp to the pan and let the mixture cook for another 7 – 8 minutes. Add some water and stir.
Note: For tomato pulp, boil tomatoes for 6-8 min till they are soft. Drain off the water and let it cook.Peel off the skin of the boiled tomatoes and puree them with help of grinder.
4. Add white sauce to the above ingredients and mix well. Add grated cheese and mix again.
5. Now finally transfer the boiled penne pasta to the sauce and mix well.
6. Spread some extra cheese on top of the delicious pasta while serving.