‘This staple party food just got a new twist. BuzzFeed Tasty stuck some deviled eggs in oil and deep-fried them. The result was spectacular.’ Quoted BuzzFeed/Tasty
Here’s How To Make It Via BuzzFeed:
- 12 peeled hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Paprika, or seasoning of choice to top
Instructions To Taste Ride
- Heat cooking oil for deep-frying in a medium-size pan over medium heat.
Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Gently separate the cooked egg white from the yolk and remove to a medium bowl.
- Coat the cooked egg white in flour, eggs, and panko bread crumbs. Carefully place eggs into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from pan and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Add mayonnaise, relish, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to the yolks and mash until smooth. Fill a piping bag or plastic sandwich bag with yolk mixture. Pipe mixture back into the fried egg white, dust with paprika, and serve!